Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Poems.

The First Day of School
I wonder if my drawing will be as good as theirsI wonder if they'll like me, or just be full of staresI wonder if my teacher will look like mom or gramAnd I wonder if my puppy will wonder where I am

Start the Day With a Smile
This is the way we start the dayStart the day, start the day,This is the way we start the day,So early in the morning.First we smile and shake a hand,Shake a hand, shake a hand,First we smile and shake a hand,So early in the morning.Then we sit down quietly, quietly, quietly, then we sit down quietly, so early in the morning.We listen very carefully, carefully, carefully; we listen very carefully, so early in the morning.

School Morning
School is waitingcan’t be late.Hurry! Hurry!Half-past eight.Out the doorand down the street, then softly, quietly, take your seat. SandSand at the beach, Sand at the shore.Sand in the oceanon the ocean floor.Sand in the desert, Sand on the ground.Sand in a sandstormblowing all around!Sand from rock that hasCrumbled into grainsSaind in a sand duneShaped by wind and rains.Sand on an island, Sand in the sea.Sand in the sandboxFor you and me.

No comments: